Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Pick for Oscar


I want Up in the Air to win. Mostly because it was filmed locally and has a story line apropos to the times. I have a feeling that Avatar will win because it has all the special effects and the story line leans more to the direction in which those voting for the awards prefer.

I can't truly say which movie has more cinema qualities like acting and story line and the like, as I have not actually gone to a movie in a theater since 500 Days of Summer, which was the first I'd seen since I don't remember when. Hence, I can only base my opinion on the reviews I have heard and read. Maybe that's a poor reason to pick a movie for an Oscar, but it seems that some of the best movies always just miss winning the Oscar. Perhaps Mr. Clooney can remember that when the largest grossing movie of all time takes the little statuette.

No comments:

I'm a Cali Girl!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West
 

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
The Inland North
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
The Northeast
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz